The Surb Astvatsatsin Church has been consecrated in the Tsovinar community, Gegharkunik province. The church was built in 1900 by people who had arrived form Mush. In the Soviet time it was used as a pesticide warehouse, which made it impossible to remain in the building for a long time. This year the church was thoroughly renovated, in the same style.
The diocesan head Bishop Markos Hovhannisyan consecrated the church. At the conclusion of the ceremony, he handed a letter of blessing of Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II and a Surb Grigor Lusavorich Order – the highest award of the Armenian Apostolic Church – to the deputy of the RA National Assembly Hakob Hakobyan, the benefactor of the church.